Wednesday, August 13, 2008

California


On Friday the eighth of August I left on my first road trip with a group of friends. Alec, Nick, Tyler, Suzanne, and myself headed off towards Flagstaff Arizona where we would part ways with Suzanne. We passed the time by listening to a large variety of music and discussing a number of different topics. It proved quite effective in keeping me distracted enough to pass the time relatively quickly. As we got closer to Gail's cabin (Suzanne's destination) the weather began to take a turn for the worse. We ran into more and more rain and finally lightning and a downpour. Luckily for me, I love this kind of weather so all it did was improve my spirits. Once at Gail's we had to make the choice of staying the night there and then heading off first thing in the morning or leaving asap so as to try and make it to California by around one or two in the morning. Spending the night ended up winning and this being the case we had some time to kill. So we headed of, in the rain, to this amazing little area with a natural water slide and some cliff jumping. The water was amazingly warm due to the recent rainfall and this made my experience much more enjoyable because I HATE cold water. So my first order of business there was to check out this water slide. The river was forced into a narrow channel that wasn't too deep but still coated in this very very slippery moss. So you just sad down and away you went. This proved to be one of the highlights of the trip. I just loved it. As for the cliff jumping I didn't participate but Nick, Alec, and Gail made the jump. When we got back we played games and ate an amazing dinner. I headed to bed a littler earlier than everyone else cause I had to drive the next morning. So on Saturday morning we headed out at about 6:30 and after hours of driving we arrived at Alec's place at about 2:00. We then proceeded to the beach which was so fun! I just love the beach. Sunday morning Tyler, Nick, and myself found a YSA ward to go to and then came back. The only other thing worth mentioning that happened on sunday was we went out on this awesome little boat. It was more than a little scary because the waves wee quite large and the boat quite small. But all in all it was incredibly fun. Monday morning Max arrived and we headed to to beach. I really wasn't thinking so well cause I applied sunscreen once and assumed it would work all day, which it didn't. I ended up getting really burned. That being so I've spend the lest two days just sitting around hoping my burn will stop hurting and luckily it has...to an extent. I'm still very red and my shoulders hurt quite a bit but I'm finally to the point where I can move around without to much pain. Today we went to breakfast and saw an awesome BMW but other than that I think it's going to be a pretty layed back day. Me, Nick, and Max are staying off the beach cause Nick and I have burns and Max has a hurt ankle. I'm off though, I think we're going to play some Risk!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Friend trips are the best! Hope your sunburn goes away soon!

Unknown said...

so....im kinda sick of seeing "california" everytime i check your blog.....haha